Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Top 10 Pinoy Bands that made pick up a guitar and play.....

1. Razorback

  I was inspired by the bluesy riffs of these guys. And I became obsessed playing blues every now and then. My favorite songs were: Payaso, Munting Paraiso and hmmmm Vodoo Hoodoo. It made play agressively ang tightly.


2.Wolfgang

  This was the first band I actually watched upclose in UPV Iloilo. Man, they're great. hmm I actually have all the albums back then. One of the heaviest Filipino rockers..

3.Eraserheads

  I was 2nd highschool at the time when I heared ligaya, I think. And those tennybopper songs they have in a particular album was cool. Ely had been my man of the year before. He's a great songwriter in my on point of you..

4.Truefaith

  AM7, Bm7, C#m7....hmmm I hope I get it right.. Familiar? hehhehehe...That's a riff from the song wag na lang kaya.. Cool tune. I watched these guys in a parking lot at SM iloilo. ANd my reaction was, how many RedBull Energy drink did Medwin Marfill drank?..Man the guy's a hyper bunny..

5.Rivermaya

  The first album had been my favorite.. especially the song Hate..well, pretty much different back then.. with the range of bamboo's voice and the riffs of Perf de Castro. heeheheh. 

6.Rizal Underground

  I love these guys..They crashed in Iloilo during dinagyang festival. I was a foot away from Angelu Villegas..and Man Stephen Lu was rockin the whole Delgado street. And I had the chance to talk with Mike Villegas up close and we even shared the long table and drink SMB.. heheheh that was fun..

7.Orient Pearl

  It was highschool when I first formed my band Negaholyx. Me and my mates had this chance to play acoustically the song Pagsubok. ehhehehe That was my second gig... And for the first time I gained respect from everybody..

8.After Image

  Tagulan, Tagaraw, Habang may Buhay, Mangarap ka, Next in line, Forevermore.and Pony tails.. heheehehhe Wency Cornejo got a nice range of voice man..

9.The Dawn

  What can I say....They are my favorite...I befriended Francis "Kiko" Reyes thru the station NU 107.. hehehe and everytime I heard him on board.. We always have this chat on the txtjock about any thing. techniques. albums. etc.. heheheh 

10.The Youth

  Well, I this poster during highschool with these three guys wearing a blanket or something. and Dodong Cruz looks like Jesus Christ ... hehehehhe Great band.. Politically correct and fun..

No comments: